Welcome to Wales! My New Series! ♡

Good evening everyone, ♡

Today’s post is going to be the first and an introduction to my new series Welcome to Wales. I was thinking a few months ago, I live in Wales and I never talk about it on my platforms so I decided it was about time I did. With this Wales series I am going to be talking about all different great places to visit in Wales such as: towns, cities, beaches and even mountains.

One of the reasons, I decided to start this series because people stereo type Wales into being a place full of sheep and hills but actually Wales is a lot more than that. Yes, it does contain hills and sheep but there are also: amazing beaches, great shopping and lovely restaurants and pubs.

Some bits of Wales, I do admit are not the best, some bits are dirty and unpleasant but aren’t there those places in every country. It doesn’t make the whole country bad. I might be biased because I have lived in Wales all my life and do love it but I think everyone can grow to love Wales if they choose to put the effort in and read what I have to say.

Wales has so much to it and so much to explore. If you are into photography like me and love a good landscape or nature photography trips then Wales is your place! There are so many good photo opportunities that you shouldn’t have to miss.

But you don’t only get good photos, you can get good shopping, good food and so much more!

Now I am going to be sharing with you some interesting facts about Wales:

• We have our own language and it is called Welsh, and only one other country in the entire world speaks it and that is Patagonia which is shared by Chile and Argentina on the Southern side of South America.
  • The highest mountain in Wales is called Mount Snowdon and it is 1,085 meters high.
  • The Millenium Stadium in Cardiff has the largest retractable roof of any sports arena in the World.
  • Wales has a population of 3 million people.
  • Wales is said to contain more castles per square mile than any other country in the world.
  • Wales main national emblems are leeks and daffodils.
  • We have a village up in North Wales with the 2nd longest name in the world: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and in English that means: St Mary’s church in the hollow of the white hazel near to the rapid whirlpool of Llantysilio of the red cave.
  • It is true that sheep outnumber people in Wales and by a huge amount of 3 to 1.
  • Mount Everest is named after Welshman Sir George Everest.
  • 42% of the south and west Wales coastline is designated as Heritage Coast.

Maybe I am repeating myself and I probably am but if this doesn’t sway you on Wales, I hope the upcoming posts for this series will sway you more!

Thank you for reading and I hope you will keep updating and look out for the series!

Lots of love and kisses xo,

Eden xx

29 Comments

1. October 26, 2017 / 5:38 pm

Awesome! I’m excited for more!! It’s funny, I’m starting a series today myself 😊❤

• October 26, 2017 / 5:38 pm

Aw I am so glad and yay twins! I’ll go and check out your post xx

• October 26, 2017 / 5:51 pm

Haha 😊 it’ll post in the next hour, I’m after you, hehe 😁

2. October 26, 2017 / 5:44 pm

This sounds such a fun series! I’ve never been to Wales before and I think it sounds like such an interesting place, the names of places i think are crazy, the words look so long and confusing haha! Can’t wait to find out more about it all though! xx

• October 26, 2017 / 5:46 pm

Aw thanks so much Tash means a lot! I hope you enjoy the future posts! Xx

3. October 26, 2017 / 6:49 pm

I really want to visit Wales! My brother went with his friends and I was so jealous🙊 I’m from England so it would be so nice to see an area with a lot of Landscapes! Can’t wait for more from this series xx

4. October 26, 2017 / 7:07 pm

I am ashamed to say that despite living only 3 hours away I have only been to wales maybe 4 times in my life and I am 51.

In my defence I am a huge Manic Street Preachers fan, if that helps!

I live near the Lake District and that really is just sheep and hills!

• October 26, 2017 / 7:08 pm

Aw that’s okay yeh manic street preachers that’s great! I really want to go to the Lake District 🙂

• October 26, 2017 / 7:09 pm

Suggest doing so in May. Best weather and fewer tourists!

5. October 26, 2017 / 7:57 pm

I’m from Wales & have lived there all my life, I’ve travelled quite a bit and can still say its one of the most beautiful places I’ve been and I’m lucky to live here! Definitely a place I’d recommend people going!😊

6. October 26, 2017 / 8:54 pm

This is such a great series idea! Wales is so beautiful, I’ve visited quite a few times- it’s so photogenic! xx

7. October 27, 2017 / 10:40 am

Really looking forward to this! I’m not Welsh (though with a surname like Jones it’s unsurprising that I have Welsh heritage, as far as I’m aware) but I love Wales! 🙂

8. October 29, 2017 / 4:24 pm

I went to Wales a lot when I was little; tbh, I really miss it! Didn’t realise any other countries spoke welsh, either. Feel like I’m learning loads! xox

9. October 30, 2017 / 9:46 am

I love Wales & can’t wait to take my family there camping (hopefully next year!)

10. November 9, 2017 / 4:55 pm

This is great! I’m looking forward to your future posts!